If you have ever gone into one of those stores in the mall that sells all kinds of cool gadgets for your home, you have probably sat in one of those chairs that had a massage pad on it. You pressed the buttons and suddenly you were in heaven. There are many different brands of chair massage pads on the market so it is important that you read the packaging to see what each one can do for you.
Everyone has different and specific areas that need attention. Make sure that the chair massage pads that you choose are able to reach those areas. You may want to a search online and read the customer reviews before setting out to buy one at the store. It will be helpful to see what people who have purchased these pads have to say before you go and plunk down your hard earned money.
HoMedics brand has been a leader in the area of chair massage pads. The quality of their selections varies with some positive and some negative reviews. The company has signed on for a licensing agreement with The Sharper Image so you may find some items available at those stores that are exactly the same as the HoMedics products available at the department stores. Or just conviniently order one from amazon..this one is my favourite.
Brookstone has a Shiatsu seat topper that features heat along with rolling and kneading massage. It is manufactured under the name of I-need. It is a popular chair massage pad and people like having both types of massage available along with the heating option.
Another company that offers a heated Shiatsu massage chair pad is Zyllion. They have a model that provides a gentle massage as well as a seat that vibrates. You can control the level that you would like and you have the ability to incorporate a spot massage.
Five star offers a 10-motor seat cushion that massages with heat. It has a thermostat to control the heat level and there are 3 speeds for the massage and 4 different programs
Here are some of the pros based on reviews of several products. These should serve as a guide as to what to look for when buying a chair massage pad.
- If you have problems with your neck, back and shoulders make sure that the chair massage pad can reach those areas as they will bring great relief.
- Check for special spot massage options, heat, and an adjustment that can customize the width.
- Get a chair massage pad as opposed to an entire massage chair. You will be able to move the pad to your favorite chair or even the couch.
- Look for one that has an automatic shut-off feature. Too much of a good thing in this case can overwork your muscles leaving them vulnerable.
- These chair massage pads are easy to install and can be strapped in easily in seconds.
- Some models can provide you with a rolling massage as well as Shiatsu which uses a kneading technique.
Based on the reviews of the name brand chair massage pads, here are some things to watch out for. It’s better that you become aware of these things before you get the chair pad home and get ready for a soothing massage.
- The biggest complaints had to do with the massagers being able to accommodate tall people and shorter people. It seems that some of the massagers are not set to reach the vital areas on either group.
- Make sure that the massager reaches the neck and shoulder areas, some do not.
- Also, if you are using the massager to relieve back pain, make sure that it can reach your lower back area.
- Do not get a chair massage pad that provides a massage that is too intense. You want a soft rolling motion that will soothe the muscles without being painful.
- Make sure that you are getting a massaging chair cushion and not just a vibrating chair cushion.
- Check out the return policy when you buy your chair massage pad, especially if you are buying online. Some companies have a no-return policy and this is something you do not want to get stuck with if you are not happy with it.
As with any products there is going to be a price range. Check out the reviews for the chair massage pad that you are interested in. A higher price tag does not always mean that it is the best product. This is a common mistake, especially when shopping online.
But shopping online gives you the opportunity to read what the people who have purchased the chair massage pad you are thinking of buying have to say about it. Some people have complained that the massage was too gentle making it non-effective. Others complained about the high level of noise that came with the vibrating chair seat.
Whatever you decide, you should consider the chair massage pads before investing in a massaging chair. These items are much more expensive and you don’t have the flexibility of moving it around or even taking it with you when you travel. You can easily take your chair massage pad with you in the car or even pack it in your luggage if you are travelling by plane. Once you find a massage pad that does what it is supposed to do you are not going to want to be without it.
Make a list of exactly what you want from a chair massage pad and which points are not that important. If you are looking for relief from neck and shoulder pain it won’t be a sacrifice if the brand you like doesn’t do a lower back massage. Check to see if it is going to fit your body type, especially if you are on the tall or short side.
And make sure that the massage element has just the right touch. Now is the time to be Goldilocks – make sure it’s not too light of a touch and not so intense you are left in pain.